Saturday, September 27, 2008

On last night's debate

I was impressed with John McCain last night. He definitely held his own against Mr. So-Called-Smooth-Talking Barack Obama. Why anyone thinks Obama is a good speaker is beyond me! All those hesitations and "let me be clear's" distract the heck out of me. But then again, he really never seems to say anything of substance so I guess it doesn't matter that much.

All the pundits said Obama was going to come out swinging and try to make John McCain look bad. I think it backfired on Obama because he sure did look put off a number of times. He also never got the best of McCain!

Great debate and I'm glad Kissinger came out and said Obama was wrong when he tried to say he (Kissinger) had supported Obama's assertion that we should talk with terrorist nations without pre-conditions.

Did Obama get the date of the Depression wrong in the first part of the debate? I could have sworn he was off by ten years, but I haven't had a chance to go back and view it again. I guess if he did have the dates wrong that someone would have called him on it by now. No biggie if he did I guess, anyone can make a mistake like that.

Here's one funny I heard Thursday or Friday: Cynthia McKinney, the Green Party candidate for President, said she'd debate Barack Obama if John McCain didn't attend! I would love to have seen that one, wouldn't you? I think there would have been a shouting match before it was all over. But I'm sure Obama would have backed out if that's the way it went down. I liked the idea some floated of having Sarah Palin stand in for Senator McCain if he couldn't do it!

No comments: